Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Is Two Weeks Too Long?

My website is finally up and running! What a weight off my shoulders.
The entire thing originated when Quest, our carrier,  changed email accounts. I sent out notices to all my email recipients, but I'd guess the one I sent to Dreamhost went into spam. When the time came to renew, any notices when to my old account.

Here's the kicker. It took about two weeks of emails between Dreamhost and myself to remedy the problem.  Several of the "solutions" didn't work or the directions were incomplete.

If I were a savvy website creator, I would have switched hosts. Unfortunately, I'm not, so it was just more convenient to keep the website with them.

On the positive side, all my data was saved.

Now I can concentrate on my next book, A Gift for Emily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment