Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Let's take this outside..."

People are shouting. Fists are raised. It's about to get ugly. And for what?
Method of publishing.
That's right. You heard me. In one corner stands traditional publishing. And in the other, self-publishing.

I didn't realize that the debate had risen to such statue - much like "old money" vs "new money" until I happened to see a tweet, which lead me to a blog.In The Passive Voice Mr. Smith believes that authors don't like having publishing choices and that is the reason for all the hostility.

I hate to say it, Mr. Smith, but I'm going to disagree. Choices make people uncomfortable, panicky, and only sometimes angry. I believe this angry group of people you are referring to just like to take sides, and if you're on the other side, you're wrong. And most people don't like to be wrong. It makes for messy psychology thinking.

OK followers, it's time for your opinion. Do you agree with Mr. Smith, myself, or do you have another idea you'd like to bring into the ring? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment