Friday, March 9, 2012

Diary of an Author - Day 37

Conversion Frustrations!
Just when I think I can relax for a while, more issues comes to the surface.
Recently, I've been informed that a few words are missing from my sentences!  Now the task at hand becomes combing through every single conversion and checking for problems.

I'm glad this person had the courage to tell me. Not all people are comfortable with that - like when you have food stuck between your teeth and nobody says a thing.

I do wonder exactly how this happens. If I were the character Kat (from my books) I'd blame it on the orbs (Book II) I try to take consolation in that I'm not the only one. Glitches in documents are being reported from other authors as well. (Maybe it is the orbs!) I know that in the past, I've had entire paragraphs repeat themselves into the pages. Arg! 

My lesson learned: hire an editor for the book. Hire an editor for the eBook conversion files too. If any changes are made, have a professional read it again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment