Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Diary of an Author - Day 15

My book has been out on the market for one month. Unfortunately, no agent has noticed it or called with a large advancement. Rats! Onto Plan B.
Actually, I started Plan B about the same time I decided to self-publish. This included finding as many ways to promote my book as possible. I stated a blog. I bought a website. I joined Facebook and twitter. I made new friends. Gave away free books. I hunted down book reviews and book bloggers.  I set up book signings. Ufta!


This has sucked an enormous amount of time and energy, and now the bills are pouring in. 100 paperback books for the signings. Renting the building for the signing. New web design. New book cover. Formatting for Smashword. New shirt for TV interview. Flyers for advertising. Business cards to pass out. Banners and posters for table at signings. Ouch!

Luckily, I have God on my side, where all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment