Friday, September 7, 2012

Why Take A Break From Writing

Hello world! I've missed you!

Recently, my girls and I have moved in with my ailing, handicapped mother, allowing  my husband to enjoy pre-family bachelorism for the next four months. After than time, my brother will move in with dear ol' mom and we go home.

Some conditions we had before we moved in: New Carpet. The cat who can't hit the litter box goes.

Then comes the other crap like, oh yeah, we need more beds. And new comforters. And a floor length mirror, and... 

Obviously, I've had about zero time to work on my second book, but you know what?

This break has provided me we some excellent insight that I wouldn't have had otherwise. 

It gave me time to see where I became too bogged down. (Just because I stopped typing, doesn't mean I stopped thinking.) For example, a few chapters will be placed later into the story. And as anyone knows, you just can't move a file. The entire chapter needs to be rewritten for proper timeline issues.

Will I still make my December deadline? 

That's hard to say. I'd rather publish a high quality novel and be late than publish just to make the date. But for those of you who just can't wait, I'll  have some ARC just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment