Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Diary of an Author - What's the big Diff?



I went to a area writer's conference and book fair earlier this year. Now they are looking for presenters for next year's event. I'm seriously considering submitting a presentation.

"What's the big Diff?"

I didn't truly realize there was a difference in the way YA is written until I started writing it, and then had it critiqued by my writer's group. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my writer's group, but I am about the only one who writes YA.

Over the past few years, I've noted quite a few differences between YA and mainstream writing. The obvious are content, age of characters, etc. Then there are the technical differences such as page set up.

In closing, whether you write YA, historicals, or steampunk, the important thing to remember is KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE! 





No comments:

Post a Comment