Friday, April 20, 2012

Diary of an Author - Day 56

"What inspired your plot?"

Had a wonderful book signing on Wednesday. Sold more books than I thought I would...more men bought my book than I thought they would...and had overall had a better time...!

Also got to meet some very talented, inspiring authors. Even did some "on the spot" critiquing for a great gal named Aelyn. She just so happened to have her story with her on her notepad.

The most common question shoppers asked was, "What's the book about?"
The second, "What inspired your story or plot?"

For those of you who want to know, several things inspired my book. I begin writing after I had my small accident involving a very heavy box that took out my shoulder and put a spasm in my back that lasted for many months. That allowed for the time. However, I really didn't have a plot in mind. I started several different stories which all ended up in the trash. Then maybe two weeks later, I "found" my characters, and the plot that went along with them. THAT was a very exciting day!

Coincidentally, I had just finished reading the Twilight series and enjoyed them very much. However, it bothered me that "Bella" had no regard for her soul. My books are far from being religious;I use the words like "crap" and "orgasm" and the characters talk about "Hell". I don't want my conscious to be heavy because of my books, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment