Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Diary of an Author - Day 51

Crazy by Han Nolan

4 Stars

I picked up this book thinking I wasn't going to like it..."Oh, another book about misunderstood teens," I thought to myself. Then I started reading. I was hooked immediately. The POV style in which it is written is utterly fantastic! It's about a boy who is not crazy, lives a messed-up life, and the events are spelled out largely by his own self-talk (like we all do) but he self-talks with flair!

The only part I didn't like was how Jason, the main character, made three new friends in school. He became the newest member of a group all seeing the school shrink over the lunch hour. A bit too warm and fuzzy...the way a group "should go" in a perfect society.

The ending is fitting, sad and happy at the same time. I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment