Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Diary of an Author - Day 35

Meet Kevin Hanrahan.
Kevin is a Major in the US Army, kicks ass, has an Army dog that also kicks ass, and together they have completed several recent tours over seas, and somehow manages to keep a sense of humor.
On his blog, Kevin describes his process of becoming an author, shares great Army pictures, and describes the adventures - good and bad - of fighting in Afghanistan. 

*Kevin as Major - The Army isn't just my job - it's my way of life.
*Kevin as Author - Everyone copes with the horrors and stresses of war differently. I write. I blog. I tell real stories and I channel what I've seen into novels, the first of which is Paws on the Ground.
*Kevin as Humorist -  The longest document I’d ever written prior to my novel was my master’s thesis which of course I filled with graphs and charts to fill the pages.
Kevin as Dog Activist - Dogs are family too!

I can totally relate to the thesis thing - only I didn't get to use lots of charts.

If you'd like to hear more about  Kevin and his blog, please click on the link below. Sorry ladies - he's already taken.
http://khanrahan.com/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment